Computer Organisation and Architecture MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 1
Computer Organisation and Architecture MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 2
Computer Organisation and Architecture MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 3
101. The relationship between a function and its binary variables can be represented in _________
A. boolean function.
B. truth table.
C. logic diagram.
D. combinational circuits.
102. The NOR gate is complement of ________
A. AND gate.
B. OR gate.
C. NAND gate.
D. NOT gate.
103. The theorem which deals with NOR and NAND gates are ______
A. demorgan’s theorem.
B. baye’s theorem.
C. boolean’s theorem.
D. booth’s theorem.
104. The ALS represents _____________
A. Arithmetic Logic Shift Unit.
B. Auto Logic Shift Unit.
C. Arithmetic Logic Simple Unit.
D. Auto Logic Shift Unit.
105. The program that translates a high level language program into binary is called __________A. translator.
106. A set of common instruction that can be used in a program many times is called a __________
107. A memory that is part of a control unit is referred to as ___________
A. primary memory.
B. secondary memory.
C. control memory.
D. virtual memory.
108. The register that keeps track of the instructions in the program stored in memory is __________
A. control register.
B. program register.
C. status register.
D. direct register.
109. The addressing mode the operands are in registers that reside within CPU is ___________
A. register mode.
B. register indirect mode.
C. implied mode.
D. indexed addressing mode.
110. The part of a processor unit that executes arithmetic operations is _______
A. array processor.
B. arithmetic processor.
C. vector processor.
111. In addition algorithm, the signs of A and B are __________
112. The communication between central system and the outside environment is done by ____________
A. input-output subsystem.
B. control system.
C. memory system.
D. logic system.
113. In NAND gate, if both the inputs are 1,the output will be ________
A. no output.
B. 1.C. 0.
D. both b & c.
114. The base or radix of decimal number system is ____________
115. The access method of RAM is ___________ if bits are considered the unit of data access.
116. Software programs permanently stored in a read only memory (ROM) are called _________
117. Which of the following are the two main components of the CPU?
A. Control unit and registers.
B. Registers and main memory.
C. Control unit and ALU.
D. Control unit and ALU.
118. The two basic types of record access methods are ________
A. sequential and random.
B. sequential and indexed.
C. direct and immediate.
D. online and real time.
119. A collection of 8 bits is called _________
120. CD-ROM stands for _________
A. Compactable Read Only Memory.
B. Compact Data Read Only Memory.
C. Compactable Disk Read Only Memory.
D. Compact Disk Read Only Memory.
121. ALU is _________
A. Arithmetic Logic Unit.
B. Array Logic Unit.
C. Application Logic Unit.
D. Array Lack Unit.ANSWER: A
122. MSI stands for ________
A. Medium Scale Integrated Circuits.
B. Medium System Integrated Circuits.
C. Medium Scale Intelligent Circuit.
D. Medium System Intelligent Circuit.
123. A micro program written as string of 0’s and 1’s is a ___________
A. symbolic microinstruction.
B. binary microinstruction.
C. symbolic microprogram.
D. binary microprogram.
124. In immediate addressing the operand is placed _________
A. in the CPU register.
B. after OP code in the instruction.
C. in memory.
D. in stack.
125. The ALU and control unit of most of the microcomputers are combined and manufacture on a single
silicon chip. What is it called?
D. Control unit.
126. The base or radix of binary number system is _________
127. Which of the following is associated with error detector?
A. Odd parity bit.
B. Even parity bit.
C. Both (i) and (ii).
D. ASCII Code.
128. Binary circuit elements have _________
A. one stable state.
B. two stable state.
C. three stable state.
D. zero state.
129. Which statement is valid?
A. 1KB = 1024 bytes.
B. 1 MB = 2048 bytes.
C. 1 Mb = 1000 kilobytes.
D. 1 Kb = 1000 bytes.
ANSWER: A130. Instruction in computer languages consists of _________
C. both i and ii.
D. all zero’s.
131. The octal equivalent of 111010 is __________
132. A computer program that converts an entire program into machine language at one time is called a/an
133. Example for zero address instructions is __________
B. load a.
C. move r1,a
D. store x.
134. CPU performs _______ operation.
A. data transfer.
B. logic operation.
C. arithmetic operation.
D. all the above.
135. The technique which allows the DMA controller to transfer one data word at a time, after which it
must return control of the buses to the CPU is known as _______
A. bus request.
B. cycle stealing.
C. bus grant.
D. burst transfer.
136. A stack pointer is ________
A. a 16-bit register in the microprocessor that indicate the beginning of the stack memory.
B. a register that decodes and executes 16-bit arithmetic expression.
C. The first memory location where a subroutine address is stored.
D. a register in which flag bits are stored.
137. The decimal number 10 is represented in the Hexadecimal Number System as _________
ANSWER: D138. The decimal number 11 is represented in the hexadecimal number system as ______
139. The octal number 735 is represented in the decimal number system as ________
140. The decimal number 250.5 is represented in the hexadecimal number system as _______________
141. Ripple counters are sometimes called as ____________ counters.
D. None of these.
142. Which of the following code is used in present day computing was developed by IBM corporation?
B. Hollerith Code.
C. Baudot code.
D. EBCDIC code.
143. The decimal number 14 is represented in the hexadecimal number system as _________
144. The decimal number 16 is represented in the hexadecimal number system as __________
145. Excess-3 Codes are _______
146. An Excess-3 code is obtained by adding _______ to a decimal number.A. 6
147. Arithmetic operations in a computer are done using binary numbers and not decimal numbers and
these take place in it __________ unit.
148. The position of 0 or 1 in a binary number indicates its ________ within the number.
149. The binary equivalent of 43 is ______
150. The gate that gives 1 output if any one of the input is 1, is _______.