- Triskaidekaphobia means fear of the number 13.
- Paraskevidekatriaphobia means fear of Friday the 13th, which occurs one to three times a year.
- In Italy, 17 is considered an unlucky number. In Japan, four is considered an unlucky number.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court he would swear on his testicles.
- The ZIP in “ZIP code” means Zoning Improvement Plan.
- Coca-Cola contained Coca (whose active ingredient is cocaine) from 1885 to 1903.
- It is estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk.
- 40% of McDonald’s profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
- Every person, including identical twins, has a unique eye & tongue print along with their fingerprint.
- The “spot” on the 7-Up logo comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
- 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 dictionary were misspelt.
- The “save” icon in Microsoft Office programs shows a floppy disk with the shutter on backwards.
- Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin both married their first cousins
- Camels have three eyelids.
- John Wilkes Booth’s brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln’s son.
- Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
- Chocolate can kill dogs; it directly affects their heart and nervous system.
Home Current Affairs & GK
View all comments