Advertising MCQ Questions and Answers Part -1
Advertising MCQ Questions and Answers Part -2
Advertising MCQ Questions and Answers Part -3
1. what is advertising?
B. sales promotion
C. paid information
D. all the above
2. The motive to which an ad is directed, designed to stir a person toward goal the advertiser has set is
3. Handwritten posters in the sixteenth and the seventeenth century which are considered to be the forerunners of advertising are
4. The _______________ is the foundation of any advertising or marketing campaign.
B. Target segmentation
C. Creative brief.
D. Media planning.
5. Printed matter that runs over the edges of an outdoor board or a page leaving no margin is known as
6. ______________ became the first full service advertising agency.
A. N.W.Ayer & Son
B. FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd
C. Ogilvy & Mather.
D. William Taylor
7. Typical ad agency clients contain businesses and ________, non-profit organization and government agency.
A. Corporate law
C. Companies law
8. ________ agencies specialize in endorsement of brands in the various social media platforms like blogs, social network sites, Q&A sites, discussion forums, micro blogs etc.
A. Social media
B. User-generated contented.
C. Friend Feed.
D. Social network service.
9. This is a hierarchy of effects or sequential model used to explain how advertising works:
10. Palmer opened the first American advertising agency at________ in 1850
C. San Fransisco.
11. Dividing the market based on age, income, educational qualification,is known as
C. target audience
12. The problem with implementing many of today’s available security solutions in web advertising are
A. Slower online communication
B. More expensive for the advertiser
C. More cumbersome of users
D. All the above.
13. Advertising is affected by ________ forces
D. All the above
14. Any device or word that identifies the origin of the product,the manufacturer details etc is known as
A. trade name
B. brand name
15. Infomercials are designed to solicit a direct response which is ___________ and are, therefore, a form of direct marketing.
A. Specific and experimental
D. Marketing ethics
16. Sponsorship belongs to the promotional tool to _________________.
A. Business marketing
C. Marketing management
17. A corporate unit may provide equipment for a famous sportsperson or sports team in exchange for ________
C. Brand management
D. Product placement.
18. _________ is more commonly used to derive benefit from the associations shaped for a company’s brand or image as a result of the support.
A. Product placement
D. Brand management
19. Copywriting is the act of writing copy for the purpose of selling or marketing a _______, business, or idea.
20. _______ teams for many years relied a great deal on the income from tobacco advertising, reflected in the sponsorship liveries of the teams.
A. 2010 Formula One season
B. Michael Schumacher
C. 2009 Formula One season
21. Series of messages that divide a single idea and theme which make up an integrated marketing communication.is known as
B. Advertising research
C. Advertising Campaign
D. Product placement
22. _________ decides on complaints from the general public including government officials, consumer groups, etc., complaints from one advertiser against another.
A. Consumer Complaints Council (CCC).B. ASCI.
23. A strap line is a British term used as a less important sentence attached to a ________ name.
A. Product placement
D. Brand management.
24. A longer commercial that mixes entertainment along with information in a program like format is known as
C. Space feature
25. Placement of advertisements inside or outside transportation vehicles is known as
A. Arieal advertising.
B. Outdoor advertising
C. Transit advertising
26. Mass marketing is otherwise known as
A. Undifferentiated marketing
B. Differentiated Marketing
C. concentrated marketing
D. customised marketing
27. The local ad server was first urbanized and introduced by Net Gravity in January 1996 for delivering online advertising at major publishing sites such as ________ and guide.
D. Intel Corporation
28. A__________ is in charge for selecting media for advertisement assignment on behalf of their customers.
A. Media planner
B. Media buying
C. space seller.
29. ________ is a very rough rendition of a proposed commercial, composed of images and sounds borrowed from other commercials or broadcast materials.
30. A personal ad is an item or notice conventionally in the ________, similar to a classified ad but personal in life.
C. Media bias.
D. News media
31. A television commercial produced from semi-finished artwork, generally used only for test purposes is ________________.
32. _______________ is the number of people or households who are exposed to a medium.
D. None the above
33. The total net audience exposed to prepared periodical, outdoor, television or radio advertising is _____________.
A. Space accumulation.
B. Agency accumulation.
C. Audience accumulation.
D. Audience composition.
34. A specific period of broadcast commercial time offered for sale by a station or network for sponsorship is _________________.
D. Primary availability
35. A _________ is a document the advertiser signs agreeing to stop the objectionable advertising without admitting any wrongdoing.
A. Consent decree.
B. Cease and desist order.
C. Contempt decree.
36. Total coverage by television and radio of a given geographic area is _________.
A. Blank coverage.
B. Blanket coverage.
C. Zero coverage.
D. National coverage
37. ___________ is an elaborate booklet, usually bound with a special cover.
C. Pamphlet.D. Hoarding
38. A system of broadcasting television whereby programs are first tuned in by a community antenna and then distributed to individual homes is______________.
A. Cable TV.
D. Car card.
39. ____________ is a promotion piece consisting of one large sheet of paper, generally printed on one side only.
A. Equal side.
C. Neutral side.
D. Horizontal side
40. Sales of copies of a publication in quantity to one purchaser to be given free by him is known as_________________.
A. Enough space.
B. . Running space.
C. Bulk space.
D. Full space.
41. Egyptians used ________ to make sales messages and wall posters.
42. ____________ is a process used by an advertiser to reserve a time period with a local station and by a
network to check with its affiliates on the availability of a time period.
A. Pass time.
B. Frequent time.
C. Agency time.
D. Clear time.
43. Compensation to a salesperson, agency, etc., as a percent of their sales, is known as_________.
44. _________ are large structures located in public places which display advertisements to passing
pedestrians and motorists.
45. ____________ is a term used to define a medium geographical potential.A. Transmitter.
C. Mass audience.
46. _____________ is a kind of advertising run by a local advertiser in conjunction with a national advertiser.
A. Local advertising. .
B. Cooperative advertising.
C. International advertising.
D. National advertising.
47. The participation of two or more sponsors in a single broadcast program where each advertiser pays a
proportionate share of the cost is called____________.
C. Commercials .
48. Letters, folders, reprints, or other material sent through the mails directly to prospective purchases is____________.
A. Instant mail advertising.
B. retrieve mail advertising
D. Direct mail advertising.
49. _________ allows the prospect to respond directly to the advertiser rather than going through a retailer or other middlemen.
A. Direct advertising.
B. Indirect advertising.
C. Instant advertising.
D. Mixed response advertising.
50. Advertising in a directory is ______________.
A. Delivery advertising.
B. Directory advertising.
C. Direct advertising.
D. Dynamic advertising.