- An ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
- All polar bears are left-handed.
- The catfish has over 27000 taste buds (more than any other animal).
- A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
- Many insects can carry 50 times their own body weight. This would be like an adult person lifting two heavy cars full of people.
- There are over a million described species of insects. Some people estimate there are actually between 15 and 30 million species.
- Most insects are beneficial to people because they eat other insects, pollinate crops, and are food for other animals, make products we use (like honey and silk) or have medical uses.
- Butterflies and insects have their skeletons on the outside of their bodies, called the exoskeleton. This protects the insect and keeps water inside their bodies so they do not dry out.
- Elephants are the only mammals that cannot jump.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.Starfish have no brains.
- 11% of the world is left-handed.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- A healthy (non-colour-blind) human eye can distinguish between 500 shades of grey.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- Lizards can self-amputate their tails for protection. It grows back after a few months.
- Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula”.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A honeybee can fly at fifteen miles per hour.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
Home Current Affairs & GK
View all comments