- Chelsea will look for the Premier League double against Gunners for the fifth time (2005-06, 2009-10, 2012-13 and 2015-16). Only Liverpool and Manchester United have done this against Arsenal.
- Arsenal is winless in their last seven Premier League away games against Chelsea (D1 L6) since winning 5-3 in October 2011. However, no team has won more Premier League away games at Stamford Bridge than the Gunners (7).
- Arsenal will once again play without Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after the suspension.
- This will be the ninth time Chelsea and Arsenal have met in a Premier League match kicking off at 7 pm or later – six of the previous eight have been drawn, with Chelsea winning 1-0 in March 1993 and Arsenal winning 3-1 in December 2010.
- In all competitions, Chelsea has lost six home games this season – they last lost more at Stamford Bridge in a single campaign back in 1994-95 (7).
- Arsenal has won just one of their last 10 away Premier League games (D6 L3), though they are unbeaten in their last five on the road (W1 D4).
- Chelsea have already lost as many Premier League games this season as they did during the entirety of last season under Maurizio Sarri (eight defeats).
- Arsenal have dropped 13 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, with more than half of these coming since Mikel Arteta was appointed manager in December (7).
- In all competitions, Arsenal’s Gabriel Martinelli has scored nine goals in 10 starts for the club. Martinelli is looking to become the first 18-year-old to score in consecutive Premier League matches for the Gunners since Nicolas Anelka in January 1998.
- Frank Lampard is looking to become the first English Chelsea manager to do the league double against Arsenal since Dave Sexton in 1969-70.
- Only Norwich City (6,245) have given more Premier League minutes to players aged 21 or younger this season than Chelsea (5,736) and Arsenal (4,091).
Home Arsenal News
View all comments