- This is the first Premier League meeting between Arsenal and Sheffield United at the Emirates Stadium since September 2006, a 3-0 win for the Gunners.
- In the top-flight, Sheffield United are winless in their last nine away matches against Arsenal (D1 L8) since a 1-0 win in August 1971 with a goal from Stewart Scullion.
- Sheffield United are looking for their first league double over Arsenal since the 1946-47 season, having won 1-0 against the Gunners at Bramall Lane in October.
- Sheffield United could become the first newly-promoted team to complete a league double over Arsenal since Blackburn Rovers in the 1992-93 season.
- Arsenal has won just one of their last seven home league games (D3 L3), though it was last time out against Manchester United. The Gunners have already lost three home league games this season, last losing more at the Emirates in a single campaign in 2010 -2011 (4).
- Arsenal remains 10th in the table and are now 11 points adrift of the top four.
- United have picked up 10 points from their last six games, which is three more than the seven Arsenal.
- Arsenal will have to face United without Aubameyang due to his suspension.
Home Arsenal News
View all comments